Our Emergency Department strives to provide efficient, world-class care on a consistent basis.
This is done through:
- 24-hour physician coverage by doctors who are highly trained and experienced in Emergency Medicine.
- Four physicians providing care during peak times.
- A state-of-the-art Pulse-Check information system that combines triage, patient tracking, physician and nursing documentation, prescription writing and other data.
- Advanced nursing care by nurses certified in advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support and trauma nursing core courses.
The Emergency Department encopasses the following:
- A major trauma room.
- Six minor trauma rooms/cardiac rooms.
- 23 minor treatment room.
- Cardiac monitoring in all rooms.
Our hospital is a Level III Trauma Center. As an intergral part of the Arkansas State Trauma System, we work in collaboration with hospitals throughout the state to improve the care of the trauma patients. The overall goal of the Arkansas State Trauma System is to provide the most appropriate care in the appropriate facility as quickly as possible.